Chapter 01 Skills Review:
Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop CS3
A) Start Adobe Photoshop CS3.
- Start Photoshop.
- Create a new image that is 500 × 500 pixels, accept the default resolution, then name and save it as Review.
B) Open and save an image.
- Open PS 1-3.psd from the drive and folder where you store your Data Files, and if prompted, update the text layers.
- Save it as Zenith Design Logo.
C) Use organizational and management features.
- Open Adobe Bridge.
- Click the Folders tab, then locate the folder that contains your Data Files.
- Close Adobe Bridge.
D) Examine the Photoshop window.
- Locate the image title bar and the current zoom percentage.
- Locate the menu you use to open an image.
- View the Tools palette, the options bar, and the palettes that are showing.
- Click the Move Tool on the Tools palette, then view the Move Tool options on the options bar.
E) Use the Layers and History palettes.
- Drag the Wine Glasses layer so it is above the Zenith layer, then use the History palette to undo the state.
- Drag the Wine Glasses layer above the Zenith layer again.
- Use the Indicates layer visibility button to hide the Wine Glasses layer.
- Make the Wine Glasses layer visible again.
- Hide the Zenith layer.
- Show the Zenith layer.
- Click the Tag Line layer. Notice that the Tag Line layer is now the active layer.
- Save your work.
F) Learn about Photoshop by using Help.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Help window.
- Using the Index, find information about resetting to the default workspace.
- Print the information you find.
- Close the Help window.
G) View and print an image.
- Make sure that all the layers are visible in the Layers palette.
- Click the Zoom Tool, then make sure the setting is selected to resize the window to fit.
- Zoom in on the wine glasses twice.
- Zoom out to the original perspective.
- Print one copy of the image.
H) Close a file and exit Photoshop.
- Compare your screen to the image below (click for an enlarged view), then close the Zenith Design Logo file.
- Close the Review file.
- Exit (Win) or Quit (Mac) Photoshop.
Source: "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Revealed" by Elizabeth Eisner Reding