Chapter 03 Project Builder 2:
The New York Athletic Association, which sponsors the New York Marathon, is holding a contest for artwork to announce the upcoming race. Submissions can be created on paper or computer-generated. You feel you have a good chance at winning this contest, using Photoshop as your tool.
- Open PS 3-12.psd, then save it as Marathon Contest.
- Locate at least two pieces of appropriate (marathon/running) artwork—either online or from scanned images—that you can use in this file.
- Use any appropriate methods to select imagery from the artwork.
- After the selections have been made, copy each selection into Marathon Contest.
- Arrange the images into a design that you think will be eye-catching and attractive.
- Deselect the selections in the files you are no longer using, and close them without saving the changes.
- Add a vignette effect to the Backdrop layer.
- Display the type layers if they are hidden.
- Defringe any layers, as necessary.
- Save your work, then compare your screen to the sample shown below.
Source: "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Revealed" by Elizabeth Eisner Reding