Chapter 05 Project Builder 1:
Placing Type in an Image
A local flower shop, Beautiful Blooms, asks you to design its color advertisement for the trade magazine, Florists United. You have already started on the image, and need to add some type.
- Open PS 5-3.psd, then save it as Beautiful
- Click the Horizontal Type Tool, then type
Beautiful Blossoms using a 55 pt Impact font
- Create a catchy phrase of your choice, using
a 24 pt Verdana font.
- Apply a drop shadow style to the name of
the flower shop using the following settings:
Multiply blend mode, 75% Opacity, 120%,
5 pixel distance, 0° spread, and 5 pixel size.
- Apply a Bevel and Emboss style to the
catch phrase using the following settings:
Inner Bevel style, Smooth technique, 100%
depth, Up direction, 5 pixel size, 0 pixel
soften, 120° angle, 30° altitude, and using
- Compare your image to the sample below.
- Save your work.
Source: "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Revealed" by Elizabeth Eisner Reding