Starting with a typical flyer design (a real one I found on my front porch), use the principles of proximity and alignment to redesign the flyer in Microsoft Word.
- Right-click the MS Word file and save it to your desktop: design_project4_flyer-redo.doc. (If the computer asks whether to save over an earlier version of the file, say yes.)
- Open the file in MS Word.
- Identify the problems: speling, formatting, proximity, alignment.
- Follow these steps in Word to redesign the flyer:
- Align all text to the left.
- Fix the spelling errors. Spell out Saturday, Sunday and August.
- Replace all-caps words with upper- and lower-case words.
- Separate the parts of a phone number with - (a dash) or . (a period).
- Use the Enter key or format the paragraphs so that alike things have proximity.
- Adjust font sizes to emphazise key concepts.
- Any other ideas for improvement? Ask me how and I can probably show you.
- Save the file (Office button > Save, or Ctrl-S).
- Show me the completed flyer on your screen in order to get credit.
- Close MS Word.
- Delete the file from the desktop.