Photoshop CS3 Revealed
Due: October 10
- Menu commands can be used to increase or decrease selections made with tools.
- The Magnetic Lasso Tool lets you alternate between freehand and magnetic line segments.
- Press Shift while dragging the Rectangular Marquee Tool to create a square.
- The Edge Contrast setting determines the Magic Wand Tool's sensitivity.
- Feather settings are measured in pixels.
- The feather setting blurs the area between the selection and the surrounding pixels.
- A selection marquee can be moved within an image, but cannot be used in another image.
- Traditionally, a vignette is a picture or portrait whose image is partially covered by a picture frame's edges.
- A vignette effect uses feathering to fade a marquee shape.
- The Spot Healing Brush Tool is often referred to as the Healing Brush Tool.
- Where are selection tools located?
- Selections palette
- Tools palette
- Status bar
- All of the above
- You can temporarily change any selected tool into the Move Tool by pressing and holding ____.
- On which menu is the Color Range command located?
- Which item in the figure above is used to create a rectangular selection?
- Which item in the figure above is used to create a selection that snaps to an edge of an object?
- Which item in the figure above is used to create a 1-pixel wide column selection?
- Which item in the figure above is used to move a selection?
- None of the above.
- Which item in the figure above is used to create a freehand selection?
- Adam’s father is a big fan of both Elvis and Steve Martin. On a whim, Adam searched the Web to find a photo of the two of them together, but found that no such photo was ever taken. He did, however, find several pictures of each performer. Adam decided that his father would appreciate it if he used his Photoshop knowledge to put Elvis and Steve Martin together in one picture.
The photo of Elvis that Adam decides to use is very crisp and clear. Which tool would be the best choice for selecting the King?
- Edge Cutter
- Magnetic Lasso
- Healing Brush
- After Adam selects Elvis from the first photo, he wants to move the selection to the Steve Martin photo. How can he move the selection?
- Copy Elvis and paste him to the second photo
- Cut the Elvis selection and paste it to a second layer within the second photo
- Choose the Move Selection tool from the Images menu
- Both a and b
- The Magnetic ____________________ Tool lets you alternate between freehand and straight line segments.
- Guides are ____________________ horizontal and vertical lines that are used to help position selections within an image.
- Use the ____________________ menu to select an entire image.
- You can blur the edge of a mask using the ____________________ setting.
- You can create a vignette using a marquee or ____________________ tool.