- Copy "7up-logo.jpg" from the Tutorials folder in the Outbox.
- Save it into your home folder.
- Open the file in Photoshop.
- Save the file (File > Save As) as lastnamefirstnitial 7up logo.psd in your home folder.
- Create a new layer above the Background layer.
- Name the layer "drops".
- Select the Brush tool and set it to a 100% hardness.
- Paint a few spots on the logo with any foreground color. The color will not matter later, as you will see.
- You can resize your brush quickly to create different-sized drops by using the [ and ] keys.
- Save the file.
- Click on the Add Layer Effect button at the bottom of the Layers Palette. Choose Drop Shadow.
- Increase the Size to 10px.
- Click on the words for Inner Shadow.
- Set the Blend Mode to Overlay.
- Click on the words for Bevel and Emboss.
- Set the Technique to Chisel Hard.
- Set Depth to 540% and Soften to 11px.
- Set the Angle to 90° and the Altitude to 20°.
- Push the Highlight up to 100%.
- For the Shadow, change the color to white and set the blend mode to Color Dodge.
- Click OK to apply your layer style.
- Save your file.
- In the layer palette, set the layer's Fill Opacity to 0.
- Go ahead and paint on some more drops or "write" your name.
- Save your file and turn it in.
Source: Burt Monroy