Chapter 04 Group Project:
Transforming and Distorting Objects
You are the design department manager for a toy company, and your team's next project will be to design a dartboard that will be part of a package of "Safe Games" for kids. The target market is boys and girls ages six to adult. Your team will design only the board, not the darts.
- Create a new CMYK Color document and name it Dartboard.
- Have part of the group search the Internet for pictures of dartboards.
- Have two members research the sport of throwing darts. What are the official dimensions of a dartboard? Is there an official design? Are there official colors?
- The other team members should discuss which colors should be used tor the board, keeping in mind that the sales department plans to position it as a toy for both girls and boys.
- The team should also discuss whether they will use alternate colors even if the research team learns the official colors for a dartboard.
- Using the skills you learned in this chapter. work together to design a dartboard, using the image below as a guide.
- Save your work, compare your image to the one below, then close Dartboard.
Source: "Adobe Illustrator CS3 Revealed" by Chris Botello