Chapter 04 Project Builder 1:
Transforming and Distorting Objects
You are entering a contest to design a new stamp. You have decided to use a picture of Mona Lisa, which you have placed in an Illustrator document. You have positioned text over the image. Now, to complete the effect, you want to mimic the perforated edges of a stamp.
- Open AI 4-17.ai, then save it as Mona Lisa.
- Select all the circles, then make them into a compound path.
- Add the rectangle to the selection.
- Apply the Subtract from shape area button then deselect all.
- Save your work, compare your image to the one below, then close Mona Lisa.
Source: "Adobe Illustrator CS3 Revealed" by Chris Botello