Chapter 04 Project Builder 2:
Transforming and Distorting Objects
You're contracted to design the logo for Wired Gifts, an online gift site. Your concept is of a geometric red bow. You feel that your idea will simultaneously convey the concepts of gifts and technology.
- Open AI 4-18.ai, then save it as Wired.
- Switch to Outline mode.
- Select the small square, click the Rotate Tool, press and hold [Alt], then click the center of the large square.
- Type 15 in the Angle text box, then click Copy.
- Repeat the transformation 22 times.
- Delete the large square at the center.
- Switch to Preview mode.
- Select all. Then fill all the squares with Caribbean Blue.
- Apply the Divide pathfinder to the selection.
- Fill the objects with the Red Bow gradient.
- Delete the object in the center of the bow. (Hint: Use the Direct Selection Tool to select the object.)
- Select all, then remove the black stroke from the objects.
- Save your work, compare your illustration with the one below, then close Wired.
Source: "Adobe Illustrator CS3 Revealed" by Chris Botello