Here's your chance to redesign NHS's lackluster course catalog cover. Here was last year's:
With your knowledge of Photoshop and the design principles, you can totally kick that old design's butt!
Go ahead and use full color. Howvere, most times people will see it printed in black in white, so remember the importance of contrast!
- Research some catalog cover designs online.
- Start a new Photoshop file (File > New) with these settings:
- Name: lastnamefirstinitial-catalog
- Preset: U.S. Paper
- Size: Letter
- Resolution: 300 pixels/inch
- Include the Nighthawks logo. Don't distort it (make sure to hold down the Shift key when resizing.) Click on one (or more) of the images below to download the linked Photoshop file to your folder:
- Include the following text:
- Natomas High School
- Course Catalog
- Home of the Nighthawks
- 2009 – 2010
- A credit line for yourself: "Cover design by ______________"
- Include images but they are not required. Use *large* images. Get permission if you want to use a photo of a student here at NHS - they will need to sign a model's release.
- Do not put important information on the outside edges - move it in at least 1/4 inch.
- Go crazy and really show NHS your mad design skillz!