Chapter C Design Project:
Working with Text and Graphics
For this project, respond on a sheet of paper or in a Word file. We'll go through the first one together.
- Go to the Library of Congress Web site.
- Where are serif fonts used on the home page?
- Where are sans-serif fonts used on the home page?
- Are the same fonts used consistently on the other pages in the Web site?
- Do you see ordered or unordered lists on any pages in the Web site? If so, where and how are they used?
- Use View >Page Source to view the source code. Then use Edit > Find to look for the word font. Is the old-fashioned <font> tag is used to format the fonts?
- Do you see the use of Cascading Style Sheets in the source code? You would see a <link> tag or a <style> tag in the page head.
- Go to the Ohio History Teachers Web site. Answer questions a - f for this site.
- Go to alistapart.com. This is a Web site just for Web designers. Answer questions a - f for this site.
- Find a fourth Web site. Tell me the Web address and answer questions a - f.