Chapter C Project Builder 1:
Working with Text and Graphics
Use the image below as a guide to continue your work on the Rapids Transit Web site that you began in Project Builder 1 in Chapter A. You are now ready to begin work on the guides page that explains the role of the guides in accompanying clients on float trips. You want to include a picture of one of the guides on the river and attractively format the text on the page.
- Open the Rapids Transit Web site.
- Open dwc_4.htm from the chapter_c Data Files folder and save it in the rapids root folder as guides.htm, overwriting the existing guides.htm file and update all links.
- Verify that the path for the banner is correctly set to the assets folder of the Rapids Transit Web site.
- Insert buster_tricks.jpg from the assets folder located in the chapter_c Data Files folder in an appropriate place on the page, copy the file to the assets folder, then add appropriate alternate text.
- Add a border to the image, then choose an alignment setting for the image.
- Add horizontal spacing of 5 to the buster_tricks image.
- Create a new CSS Style called .bodytext, making sure that the Class and New Style Sheet File option buttons are checked in the New Style dialog box.
- Save the style sheet file as rapids in the Rapids Transit Web site root folder.
- Choose a font, size, style, color, and weight of your choice for the bodytext style.
- Apply the bodytext style to the body text on the guides page.
- Verify that the Accessibility Preference option is turned on, then add alternate text for any images in the Web site that do not yet have alternate text.
- Save your work, then preview the page in your browser.
- Close your browser, then close all open pages.