Chapter C Review:
Working with Text and Graphics
A) Create unordered and ordered lists
- Open the Blooms & Bulbs Web site.
- Open the tips page.
- Select the four lines of text below the Seasonal Gardening Checklist heading and format them as an unordered list.
- Select the lines of text below the Basic Gardening Tips heading and format them as an ordered list.
- Save your work.
B) Create. apply, and edit Cascading Style Sheets
- Create a new CSS Style named .seasons, making sure the Class selector type and the New Style Sheet File option butlons are both selected in the New CSS Style dialog box.
- Name the style sheet file blooms in the Save Style Sheet File As dialog box.
- Choose the following settings for the seasons style: Font = Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif. Size = 12 pixels, Style = normal, Weight = bold, and Color = #006633.
- Change the Font setting to Default Font and the Size setting to None for the following text in the Seasonal Gardening Checklist: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. Then, apply the seasons style to Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- Edit the seasons style by changing the font size to 16 pixels.
- Add an additional style called headings and define this slyle choosing the following type settings: Font = Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Size = 18 pixels, Style = normal, Weight = bold, and Color = #006633.
- Apply the heading style to the two subheadings on the page: Seasonal Gardening Checklist and Basic Gardening Tips. (Make sure you remove any manual formatting before applying the style.)
- Click File on the menu bar, click Save All, then view the page in the browser.
- Close the browser and the tips page.
C) Insert and align graphics
- Open dwc_3.htm from the chapter_c Data Files folder, save it as plants.htm in the Blooms & Bulbs Web site, overwriling the existing plants.htm file, and update all links.
- Verify that the path of the Blooms & Bulbs banner is set correctly to the assets folder in the blooms root folder.
- Set the Accessibility preferences to prompt you to add alternate text to images, (if necessary).
- Insert the iris.jpg file from the assets folder located in the chapter_c Data Files folder to the left of the words Beautiful spring iris and add Purple iris as alternate text.
- Insert the tulips.jpg file from the chapter_c assets folder file in front of the words Dramatic masses and add Red and yellow tulips as alternate text.
- Insert the pansies.jpg file from the chapter_c assets folder in front of the words Pretty pansies and add Deep violet pansies as alternate text.
- Refresh the Files panel to verify that all three images were copied to the assets folder.
- Left-align the iris image.
- Left-align the tulips image.
- Left-align the pansies image.
- Save your work.
D) Enhance an image and use alternate text.
- Apply a 2-pixel border and horizontal spacing of 5 pixels around the iris image.
- Apply a 2-pixel border and horizontal spacing at 5 pixels around the tulips image.
- Apply a 2-pixel border and horizontal spacing of 5 pixels around the pansies image.
- Add the text Blooms & Bulbs banner as alternate text for the banner.
- Add appropriate alternate text to the banner on the index and tips pages.
- Save your work and close the index and tips pages.
E) Insert a background image.
- Make sure the plants page Is open, then insert the daisies.gif file from the chapter_c assets folder as a background Image.
- Save your work.
- Preview the Web page In your browser, then close your browser.