Chapter D Design Project:
Working with Links
Grace Keiko is a talented young watercolor artist who specializes in botanical works. She wants to develop a Web site to advertise her work, but isn't sure what she would like to include in a Web site, or how to tie the pages together. She decides to spend several hours looking at other artists' Web sites to help her get started.
- Review the following Web sites:
- On a sheet of paper, answer the following questions:
- STRUCTURE: What categories of page content would you include on your Web site if you were Grace? Identify at least four plus the home page.
- EXTERNAL LINKS: What external links would you consider including? Describe how you would place external links on the pages, and list examples of ones you would use.
- NAVIGATION BAR: Would you use text or graphics for your navigation bar? Would you include rollover effects on the navigation bar elements? If so, describe how they might look.
- NAMED ANCHORS: How could you incorporate named anchors on any of the pages?
- On the back of your paper:
- Sketch a Web site storyboard for Grace, including the four pages that you would use as links from the home page.
- Sketch the home page for Grace.
- Refer to your Web site sketch. Name your Web site folder lastnamefirstinitial chapDdesign. Then create a
home page for Grace that includes:
- a navigation bar (text or graphics) with a link to home plus four other pages
- a short introductory paragraph about her art
- at least two external links
- at least one image (in an assets folder)